Monday, March 22, 2021

File and Folder

 Razel spread the contents of the folder across his desk, his House Guard beside him to provide snark as needed. He picked up the first sheet and started to skim it.

"A vampire. Of course they-oh. Aw nuts."

Clack clakedy clack?

"Kinva. Name sounds fake. He's one of Ophelia's. It isn't outright stated, but it seems he joined right about when I saw her last. I don't like the dots I'm connecting."

Clackety clack clacken?

"Because he has files from the old and new formats. Twelve really did a number on their archiving when he took over, for the better."

Clack.

"No. She made it clear we need space, and I know I'm not welcome there anymore. Besides, I can track one guy. Let's see...pretty boring schedule of classes, but to each their own...what's-"

He frowned heavily at the sheet.

"Spirits of Kamigawa. Followed near immediately with enrollment in the reformed Hunters. Disappears shortly thereafter, taking several locks and other ."

He kept frowning.

Clacken clack clack?

"No. In fact I loathe them now."

He shuffled through the documents and grabbed the academy physical, perusing it with intent. Aside from the vampirism, nothing of note popped out at him. Insofar as planeswalker pupils go, Kinva was decidedly average. Razel tossed the papers aside as he went, noticing familiar names on his quarry's duty rosters. He dug in the mess beside him and retrieved the manifest of stolen items, looking it over for clues as to the reason. Lots of options for repurposing the parts came to mind and he didn't like any of them.

Clack...clatter clackety clack?

"This folder tells a story Twelve conveniently failed to mention. Interestingly, none of the stuff here says word one about the dragon."

Clack clack clack?

"Together, I appear to have made another enemy. One who is, in all likelihood, disconcertingly well-informed."

No comments:

Post a Comment