[Taken from the
Journal of Razel Korr, Planeswalker]
I felt something earlier. Iman felt it as well.
We are searching for a ring, an artifact used in a shadow
cult. It’s ideally another jaunt, except our complication seems to be literally
eternity spanning.
Something great and terrible has happened, and I’m fairly
sure it’s got everything to do with the rifts, considering as far as I can
tell, they’re gone. It came over us in a wave, its direction outside of those
we were inhabiting. I have a feeling it came from Dominaria. These things
usually do.
Yet we’re away, far and away. Far reaches of the Eraud
Labyrinth, well buffered from the brunt of whatever it was by infinite infinities
and paradoxical hazards, yet still I find a profound terror in my newly changed
form.
If I recall the mutterings about the Academy, the Rifts were
due to the activity of our fellow Planeswalkers, so it makes sense that
whatever happened to them would affect us. Still, to happen so suddenly, so
surely, and so widely is unheard of.
Close as I can tell, we have been pulled away from the
material while simultaneously becoming embedded within it. No longer does it
immediately bend to our whim – a feature that I realize now had been a gift of
my nature. Our bodies are once more solid, mechanical representations, now more
of a binding for our essence than a representation therein. To those who never
got the hang of that manner of manipulation, it must be unsettling. To me, it
means little. We still retain our knowledge, our connections, our potential for
power, even if our awareness is reduced to that of our shell. Again, it means
next to nothing to me as I freely admit to a lack of attention span.
I think we’re mortal again, as well. I’m not sure how to
check that safely, but there are plenty of ways to extend myself so that is
another non-concern.
Night is not responding. She had advised me that this may be
a possibility, so I should be patient. Although now that I consider it, the
timing is rather conspicuous.
I find terror in this situation because I do not know how
the Academy is going to respond. If it wasn’t due to their actions, there is
little doubt this shook their ant farm something fierce. I would pay to see the
meetings this forces them to hold. I simply hope that whatever they decide, it
is the option furthest from isolation. They may rethink their liability policy
now, or they’ll feel vindicated and reinforce it. It remains to be seen.
As it stands, my priorities have shifted not at all. I have
already located means to prolong youth, and as I aim to avoid death anyway that
should functionally be no different. Besides, this might be a good chance to
actually grow a little.
I am sure that Night will have answers for me when she
reappears, but until then. I must keep on my course.
No comments:
Post a Comment